Cosmetic Dental Bonding in New York City
If you have close, small gaps between your front teeth, uneven teeth or gum recession, you can benefit from dental bonding provided by Aesthetic Dentistry of New York, for New York, NY cosmetic dentists. Sometimes when teeth are chipped or worn we can repair and protect them from further damage. First, we prepare your teeth and apply a conditioning gel before the resin (tooth-colored) material is placed and sculpted to the natural shape of the tooth.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a conservative cosmetic treatment that improves the appearance of chipped, discolored, or misshapen teeth using composite resin to repair and restore the tooth surface.
Bonding can transform the appearance of a smile. The procedure is commonly used for:
- Repairing chips and minor cracks
- Covering stained or discolored enamel
- Closing small gaps between teeth
- Remodeling the contours of teeth which are undersized, crooked, or misshapen
- Rebuilding areas where enamel erosion has taken place
- Creating inconspicuous, tooth-colored fillings
What is the Dental Bonding Process?
The procedure begins with an exam to make sure the tooth is healthy and a good candidate for bonding. The tooth surface is prepared, and a specially formulated dental adhesive is applied which enables the composite resin to “bond” to the tooth structure.
The composite resin is put in place and molded to the desired shape. The resin material is carefully color-matched so the bonding is indistinguishable from natural tooth enamel. Once in place, the resin is hardened with a curing light. The bonding is given a final check for fit and shape, then smoothed and polished.
What are the Benefits of Dental Bonding?
Bonding is a popular choice in cosmetic dentistry because it is convenient, cost-effective, and minimally invasive.
- Bonding can frequently be completed in one visit, and often without the use of anesthetic.
- Bonding is less expensive than veneers or crowns.
- While veneers and crowns last longer and are less vulnerable to chipping or staining, these procedures require the removal of more tooth structure.
Dental bonding is not an option for every tooth. Major chips and cracks, deep decay, or serious misalignment might require alternative treatment. Talk to your New York City dentist here at Aesthetic Dentistry of New York to discover whether bonding is the right choice to enhance the natural beauty of your smile.
|Mitchell Sabbagh, DMD and the staff of ADNY would be happy to discuss dental bonding with you. Please feel free to schedule an appointment online or contact our office for a private consultation.|